Filmed in 2018 as a series of 17 videos …. I asked Sally Lawson, ex President of ARLA some interesting questions on being a better letting agency.
1. How do you convert self managed landlords to managed Landlords? https://youtu.be/QEo8wC1nSnM
2. Do you think Letting Agents are too focussed on cheap fees? https://youtu.be/2Ntp3u0ntcw
3. Why don’t Children grow up wanting to be Letting and Estate Agents? https://youtu.be/Je6I10ZysHc
4. Why aren’t Letting Agents good at converting Tenant Find Landlords to Managed Landlords? https://youtu.be/6UFzTAf4zVM
5. As ARLA President Elect – When did you hear about the Tenant Fee Ban? https://youtu.be/sxOZMytyTxQ
6. The Sally Lawson Story (ex ARLA President) https://youtu.be/aCwRNkbuLNs
7. How would you change ARLA Sally Lawson (exARLA President) https://youtu.be/BL_DHT6F8wY
8. ARLA Rep – Is it worth being one? https://youtu.be/01Z__I2Drwo
9. Sally Lawson – What positive changes have you seen for letting agents in last 20 years https://youtu.be/1buYASB_OtY
10. Property Agent Circle Boot Camp https://youtu.be/HlpbWOuKCsU
11. Top 3 tips for Acquiring Competitor Letting Agents https://youtu.be/c802HiNpJDA
12. What are the 3 biggest frustrations of a lettings agent? https://youtu.be/-iNqNI4EsrM
13. Should Letting Agents Sell Houses? https://youtu.be/Dar0CScRvOM
14. Letting Agents – The Power of Content Marketing with books, videos and blogs https://youtu.be/UvSe8JWRoAY
15. Is the £240pa ARLA Membership Fee worth it? https://youtu.be/f6j5DJZzDeI
16. Lettings People are different to Resi Sales People – Why? https://youtu.be/2oTGL2OPar0
17. How can Letting Agents use legislation to their advantage? https://youtu.be/XFVMQVDD8Aw
You will learn so much! No payment, no consideration was made by Sally or myself .. Sally and myself go back years. She is a good friend and I thought it would interesting to talk to her on topics that would be of interest to Letting Agents .. topics in the 17 videos include ..
- Cheap Fees – How to beat them
- Converting landlords Buying a Competitor Letting Agent
- Why dont Children Grow Up wanting to be Letting Agents … and many many more
(link to all 17 in a Youtube playlist the end of the video)
Author: Christopher Watkin
I teach, guide, support, mentor, consult, counsel, partner many hundreds of UK Estate and Letting Agents in their quest to grow their estate and lettings agencies business.
Old school techniques of touting, landlords wanted leaflets, ring us for a free valuation, we have sold this in your street leaflets don't work anymore. There are too many competitor agents .. meaning cheap fees are epidemic, overvaluing is almost a norm to get the stock and don’t even mention about the online/hybrid threat.
So a few years ago, I set about looking around the UK and spotted that certain agents (not many mind you) in certain towns were still seen as the ‘go to person on property’, the person the newspaper editor rang up every week for a comment and I looked at what they did and they were doing some thing quite remarkable…. Only one thing but they were doing it so well .. and reaping the reward in terms of decent listings and decent fees, happy staff, decent sales pipeline and exchange income, managed lettings portfolios in the many hundreds .. but more importantly, they really enjoyed the job… they enjoyed getting up in the morning and people looked up to them
Over 400 agents around the UK are on a mission to change the way our Estate and Lettings agency profession is perceived and looked upon, doing it town by town, city by city. I guide these 400 agents, teach them, mentor them and support them to be seen in a different light, to be seen as the ‘go to person for property’, actually be the ‘local property expert’ and prove it.
07950 147 572