The Most World Famous Buildings That Opened Their Doors As Casinos
The gambling industry in the 20th – 21st century has gained immense popularity and continues to develop very rapidly. So, it is not at all surprising that hundreds of new gambling houses are opening every year. Today gamblers have incredible freedom of choice: from old casinos like Casino di Venezia to gambling sites not on gamstop. Some gamblers prefer to spend their time in state-of-the-art casinos. But some choose only time-tested gambling houses for their holidays. They are imbued with the spirit of excitement and offer their customers the best entertainment. It means that an old casino can easily compete with modern establishments.
Casino Buildings That Are Considered To Be Of Historical Value
The following operating gambling houses are of great historical value and millions of players from all over the world dream of visiting them:
- Il Ridotto is the oldest casino in the world, which was opened in Europe in 1638. At first, it was housed in a very old building dating back to the 10th century and belonging to the Church of San Mois. It was this gambling house that became the prototype of European casinos. However, in 1774 it was closed at the request of the church, as evidenced by Wikipedia. At the beginning of the 20th century, the casino began its work again, but in a different place – on the Lido. But in 1946, it moved again – to the luxurious Vendramin palace, where it still exists today. This casino entertains every taste: poker, roulette, video slots, card and table games, dice games, etc;
- The Golden Gate Hotel is the oldest building and casino in Las Vegas. Its history began in 1906 with the installation of a tent guesthouse, which was later rebuilt into two floors and was named Hotel Nevada. In 1931, the building was renovated and renamed Sal Sagev (Las Vegas vice versa). Since 1955, the casino has been called Golden Gate, and in 1974, the whole complex received the same name. In 2005 the hotel consisted of 4 floors, but already in 2012, a complete reconstruction was carried out. Games for every taste – machines, craps, roulette, blackjack – are used as entertainment here. The game is provided at low stakes. For those who like to take big risks, there are separate VIP lounges;
- One of the oldest casinos in Venice is the Casino di Venezia. It was opened in 1946 and is located on the Grand Canal. The casino takes place in a luxurious palace, where the famous composer Richard Wagner previously lived. The historic rooms of this casino offer traditional French games and American-style entertainment such as Cheminde Fer, Trenteet Quarante, and Carribean Stud. Note that such old games were once available in Russian casinos, and today, as a rule, they are found in several virtual gambling houses. However, Casino di Venezia also offers modern gambling entertainment. More than 1000 slot machines, as at newonline-casinos.co.uk, are presented to the attention of the players. They are represented both by ultra-modern video slots and by many popular one-armed bandits;
- Casino de Monte Carlo is a symbol of good taste, refinement, and elegance. It began its work in 1856 and welcomes the richest and most famous people from all over the world in its luxurious halls. This casino was built by the order of Charles III. The proceeds from this institution went to replenish the state treasury. Today this gambling house is privately owned and offers its clients the best games – from English and European roulette to poker and video slots;
- Baden-Baden can rightfully be called a classic gambling establishment. At the same time, it is one of the oldest and most famous casinos in the world. This gambling house opened its doors back in 1809. In the distant past, aristocrats gathered at his tables, who played for chips made of gold and silver. The exquisite halls of this casino are filled with a real spirit of excitement. They amaze visitors with their rich decoration, which, combined with a high level of service and a variety of entertainment, makes this establishment an ideal place for betting. In total, this gambling house has 24 tables with a golden cloth, where roulette card games are available, and 113 slot machines.
Even sophisticated gamblers will like these establishments. However, if there is no way to go to one of these casinos, then you still have the opportunity to have fun playing the best gambling entertainment. After all, they are available in many popular virtual gambling houses.
Why is it worth visiting these land-based casinos?
These casinos are attractive not as a process of gambling but as an example of the work of ingenious designers of architecture, interior, and landscapes. In general, the aesthetics of these magnificent buildings is worth seeing it. What makes players visit the best casinos in the world is a pleasant atmosphere. The best establishments take care of their visitors, offering family vacations in five-star hotels, shopping in designer stores, etc. It is there that both a tourist and a resident will want to return.