What is Responsive Design & why do you need it?
A growing trend in the world of website design is the functionality to make your website responsive. In the past website designers would have to make a different visual for every single type of mobile device or tablet in order to ensure all bases were covered. A time consuming and tedious task to say the least!
In steps Responsive Design! This technique uses CSS queries to figure out which device the website is being viewed on, in order to adjust to make sure the website is optimised to be viewed on all different kinds of devices. Responsive design effectively means that a single website can be created, while keeping the design consistent across all platforms.
What are the Benefits of Responsive Design to you?
1. Everything is mobile now: One of the main benefits of using responsive design is the fact that so many people now view websites on their mobile devices especially in the property industry where potential clients are always viewing properties on the go. Responsive design not only allows for the website to look good but also allows them to be highly functional.
2. Differentiate your business: A responsively designed website will allow you to differentiate from your competitors. Businesses that put time and effort into ensuring that their website is better than the competition will ultimately create a better online experience for the consumer and win more business.
3. Google loves Responsive Design: SEO can be a grey area for many businesses however with a responsive website you can guarantee that you will be in Google’s good books. Google mainly base their rankings on how well your website is built for the end user, among other things. Responsive design not only offers high functionality across all devices it also improves page-loading speed, adding to the experience of the end user. A high ranking on Google ultimately results in your business attracting more leads.
4. Increase Conversion Rates: Now you have ranked highly on Google, how is a responsive design going to convert these views into sales, the answer is fairly simple. The modern consumer is lazy, so it is important to make the process of guiding your target audience to the key areas of your site easy. The nature of responsive design means that users do not have to work hard to complete a conversion. Everyone is happy!
5. Time management: One website means, one SEO campaign & one marketing campaign. Not only are you saving money as you don’t have to create separate desktop and mobile websites and adjust these according to your campaigns but it also means everyone from developers to marketing managers are happy.
Technicweb are going responsive! Our new website will be going live at the end of this month and guess what, its responsive! We are massive advocates of using responsive design not only for Estate Agents websites but also for any business looking to gain a march on their competitors. All of our Estate Agency websites going forward will be responsive so do not hesitate to get in contact with our sales team on 0845 301 1198 to request a visual of what your new responsive website could look like!