10 Tips to writing good Content
A great way to attract interest online is to have plenty of content. This can take all forms from videos to ebooks and can be both positive and controversial, the main aim behind any of it though is to attract attention.
What is Content (marketing)?
Of recent years most content is shared online, though traditional forms of exposure also covers where you will find content. Here are examples of places that you will engage with content:
- Social Media
There are many types of ‘content’ out there so the beauty of this subject is that it will both appeal to many and give you the ability to get involved. Here are examples of different types of content:
- Live radio / TV broadcasts
What is the purpose of Content?
The main reason of producing content is so to reach an audience and engage them from catching their eye with a saucy photo to getting people registered in order to watch a live broadcast on Zoom. From word of mouth to what you type out on your keyboard, content can be created in many forms and usually everyone can find a type to produce themselves and get results from.
“The art of content marketing and creating good content is making sure it stays entertaining, educational and importantly engaging though stays away from merely direct selling. As an example you should be thinking ’10 ways For Sale signs help to attract new listings’ instead of ‘We sell the best value For Sale signs in the neighbourhood’. The results you should be looking for is to give out useful content in order to gain loyalty from current and future customers.“
Mastering one particular subject and getting yourself established as a useful source of information will in time help you to generate a natural / organic new lead avenue as your content builds up online or which ever outlet you are using. An ideal way to attack content is to distribute it across as many platforms as possible, getting yourself newspaper/magazine/radio/TV slots as well as on your own website and social media channels. The wider your exposure will generally mean the better results from your content you will get.
Once people engage with your content you can look to gain new subscribers, registrations, sales enquires, leads, sales and much more.
10 Tips for writing great content:
Now that we understand content a bit better, let us look at some useful tips in order for you to write better content.
- Start with an attention grabbing title / headline
- Use quality additional content such as photos / videos and if you can, use your own rather than those of other people
- Pick a subject that is current and trending
- Help readers by supplying useful links within your content
- Use quotes and statements as well as facts and figures
- Check over your work and try to iron out any errors both in grammar and spelling
- Have an ending in mind so that whoever reads your content will be able to take something away with them and ideally it will be a call to action
- Do not simply copy and paste other peoples content, keep it all yours and importantly have your own style of writing that people to come to recognise
- Think SEO when writing content, try and use quotes and keywords relevant to your subject
- Once you have written be sure to share it out widely including social media, your website, email newsletter and submitting it to industry news channels / publications.
Another great thing to be doing once you have the ball rolling in your new world of producing great content is you have your own personal profile set up to highlight you are a writer / journalist / author. You should be looking to join relevant groups online and engaging with other forms of media so that you can get yourself known within your circles as a good writer and a trustworthy sauce of information – You should be seeking guest slots such as columns in magazines or interviews on radio. Once you get yourself known as a writer in your particular field you should see these invitations coming your way.