5 reasons you need social media to market your estate agency

Having lasted far beyond its buzz word days, social media marketing has been proven to add value to thousands of businesses across the globe. However many estate agents are having difficulty conquering this unexploited territory, despite the enormous opportunity it represents.

Here are 5 reasons why you shouldn’t ignore this invaluable marketing tool:

1. Word of mouth is the most powerful tool you have. Social media allows you to amplify and archive the positive conversations that are already taking place about your estate agency.

2. You already show that you care for your clients in person, so why aren’t you doing it online? Social media allows you to nurture relationships with your clients in an informal and personal way that shows that you really care.

3. Social media sites such as Facebook can be a great source of high impact-low cost advertising. Their ads allow you to target a specific geographical region that give you a highly targeted campaign.

4. Fair ground coming to town this weekend? New school opening next week? Change in the council tax? Social media provides a medium to show your passion and knowledge for your neighbourhood. By becoming the hub for your local area, you’ll be the first estate agent sellers think of.

5. Social media sites provide another way to show-off your properties – however they should NOT be used as an extension of your window display. The golden rule is that 20% of content should be about yourself and the other 80% should be content that is truly valuable to your audience.

Originally posted on Propertyflock, a new and easy to use one-stop hub for marketing your estate agency.

You May Also Enjoy

National Federation of Builders
Breaking News

GDP figures shows the need for planning reform

Following GDP growth of 0.4% in March 2024, April has seen no growth and in key sectors, such as construction, output has again dropped. Richard Beresford, Chief Executive of the National Federation of Builders (NFB), said: “The NFB Manifesto, ‘Supporting Construction to Power Growth’, was written with the UK’s GDP struggles in mind. While growth…
Read More
Breaking News

Breaking Property News – 12/06/24

Daily bite-sized proptech and property news in partnership with Proptech-X.   Leadpro integrates with Alto Leadpro, a lead generation and management tool, is excited to announce its integration with Alto, the market-leading software for estate agents This integration aims to drive efficiencies for agents by enabling the seamless transfer of leads from Leadpro directly into…
Read More
Estate Agent Talk

Avoiding First-Time Homebuyer Blunders: Your Roadmap to Success

Owning your first home is a monumental milestone, brimming with excitement and anticipation. It’s the start of a new chapter where dreams of having your own house become reality. Yet, amidst this exhilarating journey lies a maze of complex decisions and potential pitfalls, especially for first-time buyers. Successfully navigating the financial and emotional commitments necessitates…
Read More
National Federation of Builders 2021
Estate Agent Talk

NFB reaction and market insights to Conservative Manifesto

The Conservative party launched ‘Clear Action, Bold Action, Secure Future’, their manifesto for the 2024 general election. Richard Beresford, Chief Executive of the National Federation of Builders (NFB), said: “A healthy construction industry is the only way a nation can grow and unfortunately, construction has taken some great hits in these last five years. The…
Read More
Estate Agent Talk

Response to the Conservatives’ 2024 manifesto – Thoughts from the Industry

In its manifesto launched today, the Conservative Party promises to deliver a record number of homes each year on brownfield land in urban areas by providing a fasttrack route through the planning system for new homes on previously developed land in the 20 largest cities, cutting Stamp Duty and commitments to improving the energy efficiency…
Read More
Breaking News

Conservative Plans do Nothing to Address Shortage of Homes to Rent

Responding to proposals in the Conservative Party’s 2024 general election manifesto to scrap Capital Gains Tax for two years where landlords sell properties to sitting tenants, Ben Beadle, Chief Executive of the National Residential Landlords Association, said: “Tenants who want to become homeowners should be supported to do so. Whilst incentivising landlords to sell to…
Read More