Clever Ways in which to acquire Backlinks via Social Media
Seeing as you are tuning in to this article I will assume that you are aware of what backlinks are and how important they can be for driving traffic to your website to include building your domain authority and ranking on search engines. It’s kinda important eh!?
You can obviously pay your way to backlink success by commissioning work from an SEO company who will in turn don the backlink building hat or you can look to be clever and adopt some neat ways in which you can get links to your website on to third party websites for next to no cost to you at all.
You will need to ideally start things off with a complete understanding as to the websites you are looking to target and equally of importance, the content / links you want to place on to third party websites. You can be simply looking at adding links on keywords within existing articles, or maybe you will have a portfolio of articles you have already written to share out, you can have photos, podcasts and even videos – You will need to have a bundle of the afore mentioned in order to approach third party websites for backlinks.
- Connect on Social Media: Not only could you connect with the website in question (you wish to host your backlink) via the likes of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc, but you can also look to get yourself connected with the owner too. By forming a connection (socially) online this will give you a direct way in which to communicate. You should look to engage with prior to directly asking for the backlink, maybe comment on their posts or share some of their content to get in to their good books. Check on LinkedIn as most decent websites (businesses) will in someway be present from having a page, a group or the owner / founder having a profile account.
- Research on Social Media: Whatever sector of business you are in and no matter what keywords you are targeting there will always likely be a discussion surrounding it on social media. Search hashtags on your keywords / topics and engage when you can with the discussions. You can also research those who are discussing the sector you are in to give you further connections and potential leads to websites who can provide you with backlinks.
- Key action hashtags: We are all aware of hashtags on social media and how these facilitate searches. They also help to build communities when used as an action, by this I mean the likes of , for example, #smallbusinesshour or #propertyhour – These are ideal ways in which to connect with like minded folk and give you a warm introduction to offering out content for them to share. Also, hashtags can call upon help such as #journorequest on Twitter where many PR / marketing / journalists use it when putting out requests for content. For example I replied yesterday to a #journorequest regarding Elon Musk taking over Twitter and wanting some comments, one day later I had myself two backlinks in exchange: Elon Musk suggests Twitter may charge businesses: What do entrepreneurs think?
- Get tagging: When you write up great content then share it on social media then definitely tag in any mentioned third party people / businesses. Not only can this build you relationships / follows / re-shares it can also entice the mentioned companies to include your article, or at least a mention of it (with a link to it) on to their website.
- Offer Free: Here I am talking about mostly images and videos. If you are able to capture quality image content and video footage then you have the opportunity to share on social media and tag in relevant accounts. If I am confusing you, an example would be that you have taken a collection of photos of the local famous landmark and you have tagged them in hoping you’ll attract their attention, gain a like/re-share or maybe have one of the images uploaded to their website (it pays you to DM the account if they engage with your (image) posts as you can then state the likes of ‘feel free to use my images as you wish for your website, all I ask is if you don’t mind giving me a credit back to my website‘).
Of course, another clever way to increase backlinks is to write up great content for your website that will entice others to share and credit! Over time, a decent article can be referenced countless times and be a great backlink builder for you by giving you residual SEO benefits!
Title image credit: Pixabay