December 2018 Price Paid Data from HM Land Registry
This month’s Price Paid Data includes details of more than 88,700 sales of land and property in England and Wales that HM Land Registry received for registration in December 2018.
In the dataset you can find the date of sale for each property, its full address and sale price, its category (residential or commercial) and type (detached, semi-detached, terraced, flat or maisonette and other), whether it is new build or not and whether it is freehold or leasehold.
The number of sales received for registration by property type and month
|Property type||December 2018||November 2018||October 2018|
Of the 88,785 sales received for registration in December 2018:
- 67,741 were freehold, a 21% increase on December 2017; and
- 10,664 were newly built, an 8% increase on December 2017.
There is a time difference between the sale of a property and its registration at HM Land Registry.
Of the 88,785 sales received for registration 24,840 took place in December 2018 of which:
- 451 were of residential properties in England and Wales for £1 million and over;
- 270 were of residential properties in Greater London for £1 million and over;
- 2 were of residential properties in West Midlands for more than £1 million;
- 6 were of residential properties in Greater Manchester for more than £1 million; and
- None were of residential properties in Cardiff for more than £1 million.
The most expensive residential sale taking place in December 2018 was of a terraced property in Kensington and Chelsea for £11,000,000. The cheapest residential sale in December 2018 was of a terraced property in Peterlee, County Durham for £17,500.
The most expensive commercial sale taking place in December 2018 was in Evesham for £60,172,946. The cheapest commercial sales in December 2018 were in Ilkeston, Haringey and Southampton for £100.