Do these roads, street and location names Really Exist!
I am sure we have all done it, as we are driving in our car, riding our motorcycles or burning off the calories on our bicycles, we have spotted that oddly named village or street sign and with today’s social media trends, we no doubt have taken a photo of it to share! I have myself spotted many, especially within the depth of some of Essex’s pleasant and peaceful countryside whilst on lazy lanes and footpaths, the likes of Tom Tit Lane and Dancing Dicks Lane always amusing me.
So it is only still a bit of fun as many of these locations are old in age and been around amusing many for years, but I thought I would pick out a few ‘Ohh… You are awful‘ Dick Emery & ‘Stop messin’ about‘ Kenneth Williams style locations on property portals:
- £335,000 paid for this lovely detached property (I am sure it will be a fair bit more now) on Turkey Cock Lane.
- Goldens Balls, yes that TV show with Jasper Carrott or David Beckham may come to mind, but what about some property on Rightmove too?
- Fancy a house in Nob End, South Lancashire? There are some mighty impressive ones on Rightmove I have you know!
- Upperthong for those of you looking at something a little less busy can be found on Zoopla here.
- I’m not sure any property are up for sale yet as both Zoopla and Rightmove have no listings, but what about a hideaway place on The Bastard in Scotland?
- Just up the road from where I type this blog sits Fingringhoe which, although visually looks nothing rude, when said it kinda sounds a bit ohh, you are awful…