Home buyers up 27% in March compared to February but down 12% on last year… We’ve had a busy year in all what with Trump and Brexit!
On a non-seasonally adjusted basis, lending in March:
- Home buyers borrowed £11.2bn
- First-time buyers borrowed £4.9bn for home-owner house purchase
- Home movers borrowed £6.2bn
- Home-owner remortgage activity was up 13% by value and 14% by volume on February
- Gross buy-to-let saw month-on-month increases, up 4% by value and 8% by volume
On a non-seasonally adjusted basis, lending in the first quarter:
- Home buyers borrowed £28.6bn, down 13%
- First-time buyers borrowed £12.3bn for home-owner house purchase, down 13% on the fourth quarter 2016
- Home movers borrowed £16.2bn, down 12% on the previous quarter
- Home-owner remortgage activity was up 12% by value and 11% by volume on the previous quarter
- Gross buy-to-let saw quarter-on-quarter decreases, down 2% by value and 1% by volume
CML website is one of the better online platforms to research the latest factual content on borrowing in the UK property housing market. Full report on todays latest news can be seen here: https://www.cml.org.uk/news/press-releases/march-2017-lending-press-release/?utm_source=CML%20email%20alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CML%20alerts
Author: Estate Agent Networking UK
We share news updates and posts from within in the industry. All content shared via this Estate Agent Networking user account are third party and not that of our team.