The 2015 Fixflo Report has shown a marked improvement in repair management by letting agencies across the UK but it highlights that they are still losing clients due to poor repair management processes.
This year the Fixflo Report was supported by the Association of Residential Letting Agents (‘ARLA’) and combined results from a survey of more than 250 letting agencies (covering more than 750 branches) with data from more than 70,000 repairs in UK properties that have been handled through the Fixflo repairs system in 2015.
The results show both threats and opportunities for letting agencies across the UK.
- 85% of repairs are completed within a week
- 46% of property managers know a landlord who has switched agency due to a repair related issue
- On average each property requires 3 repairs per year
- On average each repair takes 90 minutes of staff time to resolve
- One third of repairs are reported out of hours
- Repair requests in Polish outnumber those for the next four languages combined
While landlords may still be voting with their feet when repairs go awry, in positive news for the industry the results indicate an 8% fall in landlords leaving agencies due to repair issues compared with the results from The 2014 Fixflo Report.