The main Skill behind successful Social Media marketing.
Social Media for many is still only just a vaguely understood new marketing tool that usually is only dabbled in to every now and then. These kind of people will generally have their own social media accounts created, though their updates are very random or they mainly use their channels to read up on what other people are doing.
So what is the all important skill that really needs to be worked on in order for you to go from an unmeaningful social media presence to building momentum and some action for the time you commit?
It really boils time to the skill of time management as by you committing more and more time to your social media campaigns will generally see you get a far better response that if you give little to none at all. By time management I mean spending at least an hour a day to cover the following important key points:
- Research. Research what is current within your industry and share that content out to your followers.
- Content. Study the best content that will make the biggest impact and get the best reactions from your key target audience.
- Blogs and Images. Spend time accumulating your own content to include writing useful blogs that helps the audience you are building as well as thinking about quality images to enhance all your posts.
- Creativity. Be sure to investigate all that is happening on social media and be sure to join in on community / themed events such as Hangouts, Twitter hours and other live activities that rather like local business networking, gets a target and active crowd together in one place.
- Schedule. Be clever with your time and use social media management softwares such as Hootsuite and SproutSocial that enables you to schedule your social media updates so that you are not having to constantly access your accounts to deliver content.