Add Curb Appeal To Your Home With These Tips
Whenever you walk through a neighborhood, do you look into the houses as you go past? Of course, you do! Everyone does it and the last thing you need is for people to see your home as one to sneer at. Improving the exterior of your home is for more than just selling up. You want to know that you are spending money and time upgrading your home exterior in a way that’s going to add curb appeal and make your home look fantastic. Preparing your home for sale is a good reason to do this, but getting started with enhancing your home is also about pride.
You don’t need to have buckets of time to do this. You can patch up all the issues and improve the garden, but what if your tools are broken? You can repair it yourself with these parts, but the best thing to do for your front yard is to call in the experts to help. You can call in professional landscapers (they’ll bring their own tools) and you can ask for a gardener to come in and keep up with the outside plants, too. You want a higher price and you want your home to look fantastic, but before you get started, you need some tips! Below, we’ve got all of those tips for you to get started.
1. Paint the exterior of your house and make sure that it stands out. You don’t have to go garish with your color choices, but a lick of paint can make a massive difference to the way that your home looks. Nothing improves the home appearance like a fresh coat of paint, and it can protect your home from the weather, too. You could be trendy and choose pastel colors, too, and that will help your home to stand out in the most positive of ways!
2. Call in the roofer. Talking of calling in the experts, you need to think about a roofer. They are the people who will skinny up the ladders to check if your roof tiles are all in the right place or if you need to replace any of them. The roof will be hit by the weather outside often, and you need to ensure that you completely replace any broken tiles if you want your roof to look smart. A roof that is in the worst of conditions is a roof that’s going to collapse on you one day and cost you way more than an upgrade in your curb appeal.
3. Pay attention – eyes front! The front door of your home is one that needs your complete attention. If you know that you want to upgrade your porch or entryway, you should take your paint can and give it a lick of paint. Go bold with a bright color and depending on the decor of the outside of the house, you need to think about how the color can affect the way people view your home. A bright red, for example, would look perfect with red flowers outside!
4. Upgrade the porch. If you have a porch on the house, you need to make sure that the plants and the planks of wood are cleared, clean and tidy and you should choose to upgrade the paint here, too. White or beige are both neutral colors and they stand out beautifully, but only if the paint isn’t scratched and peeling! Upgrade with a swing or outdoor porch furniture, too, but make sure that it’s bolted down so that the wind won’t take it away!
5. Speak to a gardener. You don’t have to have an eye for detail here. Let the gardener bring a beautifully bright garden to light and give them creative reign over your front yard. Keep the lawns looking lush and if a gardener is a little beyond your financial reach, opt for artificial grass instead!
6. Upgrade with a water feature. There are plenty of quiet water features that you can choose from so that you don’t disturb the neighbors, but you still want a feature that looks pretty! Consider a covered koi pond, or add a small fountain against the wall of the property. You want outstanding curb appeal here, and it should be a cut above the rest of the homes in the street.
Improving your curb appeal will do so much more than help you to sell your home. It makes your home look good and it makes you feel better about the house in which you are investing.