Estate Agency Blog Writing and improving your SEO.
Let’s face it, if you are attempting or have written a blog for your estate agency, then it is highly likely that you are looking for it to improve your exposure online and attract you new business. I will not say that all blogs are written for this purpose, as many people do enjoy sharing their expertise and passion for what they do and are able to express their expertise and knowledge very well via writing blogs.
Let’s assume that you are one of the many estate agents across the UK who write blogs for SEO (search engine optimisation) and you are looking to improve the chances that you blogs will be found and read. It is important to adopt some basic actions when you are writing and for when you share your blogs, I mean what’s the point of creating content if no one will ever find it and read what you have written?
Your content will only ever be read if it is found and to be found by someone then they must have initially searched for something. By adopting some basic SEO tips then you can make sure than when people search you will be found:
- Choose the keywords for you blog and make sure you use these wisely within the content, not too much of course to over kill things. By knowing the target audience you are after, then by choosing the right keywords, you can make sure that they best kind of audience can be found.
- The likes of Google can punish you for over using keywords in blogs.
- Title your blogs correctly so they attract people to read more. A title like ‘Property prices rise in Birmingham‘ may not be highly attractive or interesting, whereas ‘Couple see house price triple in three years in Birmingham‘ may attract more readers.
- Choose the title image of your blog wisely and make sure it is ideally not a stock image that are overly used online, ideally use one of your own images and make it an interesting one. Eye catching or different are themes to think about when choosing a title image.
- Make sure you title any images in blogs, such as ‘1 million pound house in Birmingham’ otherwise nine times out of ten images end up with their original titles, ie DCIM4307 or similar (whatever your camera or mobile devices references them as)!
- Include relevant links in your blog as this can improve the quality of your blog and be helpful to your readers. Once again, do not overload blogs with links as not only does it look untidy, it may effect the SEO value of the blog.
- Remember that you are looking to attract ‘people’ to read your blogs so give it some personality and express yourself rather than boring text and facts and figures. It is fine to be entertaining and funny in blog posts as it will warm readers to you and give them a desire to read more blogs from you and increase chances of them subscribing to you and sharing your content across social media.
- Lastly, though not least of importance, do not forget to share what you have written. Not only should you host blogs on your own website, but share them across social media too!
SEO for Estate Agents can be greatly helped by writing blogs on the many subjects and latest news items on the world of property. Many people want to start writing blogs and the usual excuse I hear is either ‘I haven’t enough time’ or ‘I do not know what to write about’ – I unfortunately can not help you with time, but I can help you with some ideas on what to write about which I have shared below:
- Which is the most important room in the house when it comes to selling a property?
- Should you invest in converting your loft area?
- House prices now and house prices 40 years ago.
- Are house prices rising or is it just the ‘asking prices’ that are on the rise?
- 10 common mistakes made when selling your property.
- The ramblings of your local high street estate agent.
- Selling your property when you have young children.
- Important tips when selling your home in winter.
- Should I install solar panels on my house?
- Things to consider when you are a first time buyer.
- Does your estate agency really know the value of your property?