NFB responds to the cabinet reshuffle
Boris Johnson made the following new appointments to his cabinet:
- Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rishi Sunak
- Secretary of State for BEIS and Minister for COP26: Alok Sharma
- Housing minister: Christopher Pincher
- Environment Secretary: George Eustice
- Paymaster General – Michael Gove taking over Oliver Dowden’s responsibilities
The National Federation of Builders (NFB) congratulates the new appointments and looks forward to working with them. We hope that there will be a renewed focus and drive to understand the industry, small business and bring about meaningful change.
Richard Beresford, chief executive of the NFB said: “This new cabinet has a fantastic opportunity to drive Britain forward and ensure that the first step of levelling up begins on a firm footing. In construction, we expect late payment, procurement and small business to be high on the Government agenda.
In housing, the Government must deliver planning reform, infrastructure investment and greater funding for social homes. It must also redouble its efforts to reduce carbon emissions by investing in renewables and retrofitting and refurbishing our old, cold and energy inefficient buildings.”